The Committee on Preparation for Ministry carries out the duties as stated in the Book of Order: To facilitate the presbytery’s oversight of inquirers and candidates, reception, and oversight of teaching elder members…G-3.0307
- Provides care, guidance, and oversight for all inquirers and candidates for ordained ministry.
- Provides care, guidance, and oversight for all persons seeking certification as church educators.
- Serves as a shepherd to inquirers and candidates.
- Organizes and participates in annual consultations.
- Approves candidates as certified and ready for ordained call.
- Evaluates and assesses candidates’ progress during their period of candidacy.
- Corresponds with seminaries and counseling agencies on behalf of candidates, when needed.
Rev. Rebekah Maul
- Policies and Procedures for Committee on Preparation for Ministry
- Inquiry Application Packet
- Candidacy Application Packet
- Final Assessment Application
- Candidate Indebtedness Policy
- Financial Aid Descriptions and Application
- Inquirer/Candidate Expense Reimbursement Voucher
- Essential Tenets of the Reformed Faith Resource
- Preparation Process Flowchart
- Pre-Interview Annual Consultation Report